Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I cant delete my sysmantic anti virus software. i want to install new one .pls advice m?

You want to start here:



http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sha...



Hopefully you did not try to remove it without using uninstall or your going to have a long day.



Hope this helps



- Dave



I cant delete my sysmantic anti virus software. i want to install new one .pls advice m?viruses



google for symnrt.exe (symantec norton removal tool)



Symnrt is their brute-force removal tool - they suggest using it when the add/remove programs option no longer works.



Run it, reboot system and run it again.



There are remnants left behind after running it (it does not remove everything). Sometimes these remnants impact the re-loaded version negatively.



I would suggest removing Norton AV, and installing Kaspersky AV ($40) + Spysweeper ($25) + ZoneAlarm (free)



I know, everyone has their opinion of whats best. In my defense, I do this for a living, and 90% of my customers don't have ANY problems when they follow my directions - the other 10%, well, there are always rebels in every bunch.



I could make a lot more money off them by giving them what they ask for - or - what the media says is best, but in the long run, they are loyal to me because I truly know what I am doing, and make my suggestions with their best interest at heart.



Feel free to email me if you can't get all of Norton off your system.



Best of success



I cant delete my sysmantic anti virus software. i want to install new one .pls advice m?antispam



go to sysmantec site and they have a free uninstaller

No comments:

Post a Comment