Saturday, August 7, 2010

Is it worth paying for McAfee anti-virus software?

My subscription to McAfee has finished, and I am not sure whether to renew or to go for a free one like Avast or AVG?



Can anyone advise what is best - it's for a home laptop that I don't use very often but mostly for internet (so don't mind if McAfee slows it down a little)....but couldn't afford to get it fixed if a huge bug crashed the whole system down....



Is it really better to pay for McAfee or are the free ones just as good? Also, what is spyware etc., do I need to download a few different types of protection?



Thanks! :)



Is it worth paying for McAfee anti-virus software?free spyware remobal



Personally, I use the free ones. But if you've got cash, go ahead and buy. There's even a AVG pro that you can buy. Usually, these paid anti-virus programs have firewall and anti-spyware included. But you can use separate programs like Spyware Terminator and Zone Alarm Pro.



Is it worth paying for McAfee anti-virus software?kawasaki



I use AVG not only at home, on my laptop but also at my business. I've had no problems with it, its easy to use, does a great job and isn't a pain like Mcafee. Actually our tech/computer guy at work recommended avg and I've never regretted it.
McAfee is software that has let me down, I still prefer Norton Anti virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment